In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the Student Payment Center is working remotely until further notice. Our office is closed to in-person visits, but we remain open by phone and email during normal business hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:45 PM
Friday, 9:30 AM – 4:45 PM
Housing and meal plan adjustments will be processed before the end of the term. Adjustments appear on the Account Activity tab in PittPAY. If you are expecting an adjustment for both, you may get two refunds, each on a different day, if each one posts on a different day.
Refunds are processed automatically, each weekday. Please make sure you (the student) are signed up for eRefunds now! You can designate any bank account your family feels is appropriate - it can be yours or that of a parent, guardian, spouse, etc. Authorized Users do not have the ability to create, view, or change a student’s eRefund information in PittPAY, so this step must be completed by the student.
- If the adjustment a credit balance, a refund will automatically post to PittPAY the next business day.
- The refund amount will be sent to your eRefund bank account. You will receive an email from PittPAY when this happens.
- The funds will be available in your bank account within 1-3 business days from the date of the PittPAY email.
Thank you for your patience while we work with the housing and dining offices at all five campuses to get these adjustments processed for you accurately and as quickly as possible!
Since we are not on campus, some things you used to be able to do in our office or by sending mail to our office should be done by email or phone, instead.
Contact us at email@example.com or 412-624-7520 for instructions. Please do not send faxes as we are not physically in the office to retrieve them.
Pay your Thesis Processing Fee
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student ID, and the fee amount. We will post the fee to PittPAY so you can pay it online. PittPAY will email you a receipt that you can forward to your academic department.
Submit documentation for a PA tuition rate petition
Email us at email@example.com or call (412) 624-7585, where you will be prompted to leave information. Student Appeals will contact you by the following business day to discuss your questions and provide you with information to help you decide the best course of action.
Notify us about outside scholarship checks for Spring or Summer
We are unable to pick up mail addressed to our office until further notice. If you are expecting a scholarship check from an outside organization for this SPRING or SUMMER term, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Your name name and 7-digit student ID
- Amount of the scholarship
- The term the scholarship should be applied to (spring 2020 or summer 2020)
- The name of the scholarship organization and their contact information
- Who the scholarship is made payable to: you, or the University of Pittsburgh, or jointly payable to you and the University of Pittsburgh
We will make a notation on your account so you are not negatively affected by the delay in our ability to process mail. Once we are able to return to campus, we will post the actual scholarship to PittPAY; at that time, it will officially reduce your balance due.
You do not need to contact us at this time for scholarship checks you are expecting for the upcoming fall 2020 term.