Designating Authorized Users
Students can authorize their parents, guardians, spouses, and others to access their student account in PittPAY.
- Students must initiate the process by logging into PittPAY from the gold “Student PittPAY Login” button, above. Students will be asked for their Pitt username and password.
- Once in PittPAY, students select “Set Up Authorized Users” on the Account Summary tab to establish each Authorized User individually. The email address the student provides for each Authorized User becomes the Authorized User’s PittPAY username.
- Each Authorized User will receive an email from PittPAY to verify their email address. Then, they will be prompted to create their own PittPAY password.
- Once the Authorized User has a username (their email address) and password (which they created), they can use the blue “Authorized User Login” button, above, each time they want to access PittPAY.
Only Authorized Users can :
- Discuss your account with the Student Payment Center.
- View the account in PittPAY and make online payments.
- Enroll in an optional PittPAY Payment Plan on students’ behalf. (Note, you can only have one active payment plan per academic term, so either you or one of your Authorized Users can be the payment plan owner.)
- Generate a Statement of Account by Term, on demand, to request tuition reimbursement from employers, 401K plans, 529 and College Savings Plans, etc.
- Obtain account details to print or save, for a range of academic terms or dates.
The University supports students' rights to privacy under the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Therefore, we cannot discuss students' account or payment plan information with anyone except the individuals the student establishes as Authorized Users in PittPAY. Students may have an unlimited number of Authorized Users, but must create each one individually. For example, students cannot include all family members under one Authorized User called “The Smith Family.”
Parent PLUS Loan Borrowers
When a Parent PLUS Loan applies to the student account, it may create a credit balance. If the parent borrower elected on the PLUS Loan application to have the credit balance sent to the parent, the parent should first become an Authorized User in PittPAY, then create their own eRefund profile in PittPAY. Authorized Users who are Parent PLUS loan borrowers should login to PittPAY, then Select an eRefund Preference.
Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)